Polish political party ad
Today is Election Day in the U.S. and most likely over 95% of us voters will yank our levers for either Obama or McCain, while 3rd party candidates are ignored by corporate media and consequently, also by voters. As you prepare to vote, please keep a few important things in mind:
- Vote based on the issues, not the candidate. The candidates have (intentionally) become caricatures: short, old, funny-named, black, white, confident, emotional, panicky, smooth with words or prone to malapropisms. None of that matters. Vote for those representatives that will support the issues important to you. Do you want to stop wars, or poverty and famine? Then please vote for the candidate you feel will help most in that regard, not the one who seems more confident and handsome.
- Your vote for President may be the LEAST important vote you make today. Take the time to know each candidate that will appear on your ballot for local elections, and their positions (try Google search). Also, find out the truth about each proposition or public question up for vote. Again, use the search engine to research.
- Lastly, please remember that your responsibility does NOT end when you cast your vote. These people work for us, the citizens, and we need to continually remind them to work for our interests. Write letters to them, make phone calls to them – be a good boss and let them know exactly what we expect from them. Let them know when they are doing a good job, and when and how they are screwing up. Large corporations hire people to do this on a daily basis, so please do not let them be the only voice heard.
Good luck out there. It is time to take back America!
Polish political party advert.
Lennon bed from last.fm
we the people...
The only fate worse than 8 years under Bush rule is another 4 years of the same crap under McCain (if the world can take 4 more years without collapsing). Record profits for oil companies and war profiteers will continue; rising grocery, living, and energy costs will continue; science will be replaced with fundamentalist Christianity; and the crushing of people’s civil liberties and rights will only worsen. Because of this, I desperately want to find reasons to vote for Obama. Here are the reasons I found, and please do add more if you have them:
1) His intellectual and charming persona. Obama makes us feel that he is on our side, even though we know he will screw us in the end. McCain often appears not to know what a question means, and confuses humor with anger towards women. The presidential debates will be a battle of wits, with only one side armed. The debates will be as entertaining as watching Mike Tyson beat up Mickey Rooney without the possibility of TKO. If you like your BS sparkling like glitter on an aging stripper’s ass, Obama is for you.
2) He is Black. America has a horrible racist history, and in some ways now is as bad as ever for Blacks. Millions of Black people work for private prison plantations and are then denied the right to vote as ex felons. There would be a big sense of accomplishment if we elect a Black president. Hell, anyone who isn’t very rich, White, Christian, and male would be a refreshing change.
3) Supreme court nominations. Bush has chosen radical wacko judges for the supreme court, a there may be a few more opening soon – based on normal life expectancy. If Stevens, Ginsberg, and Kennedy are replaced by McCain – the far right religious wackos will have majority of the court. Obama does not appear ready to make a good choice, but the alternative is frightening.
4) I am sure there is another. Building a 3rd party candidate is a long term project – the people who should have been helping in the last 8 years were too busy attacking Nader and his supporters to think long term. I still think we should focus on the long term solution. Obama’s wife is kinda cool.
Anybody have a good reason #4?
Mickey Rooney photo from Dlisted
So after one week of posting articles, we have determined my readers’ preferences, in order: humor; tits; then politics. I have a feeling they all are in Las Vegas, waiting in line to see the Amazing Johnathan. We will see if the Vegas theory is correct, when I start writing about poker.
I have been searching for ways to improve my blog through gimmicks, like polls. What I have found from this search is that: my love life is like Pretty Woman, and I should paint my toenails White.
Your Toes Should Be White
A little funky and a little fresh, you’re constantly evolving your flirting style.Your ideal guy: A witty brainiac with hottie potentialStay away from: Overly dorky guys who become obsessed with you
What Color Should Your Toenails Be?
So here I will try to add a poll, to find out what your interests are, as a reader. The only poll that works on this blog, according to their FAQ, does not provide options for ranking results or voting for more than 1 at a time, so please use the comments section to add your own items, or comment on your vote.