Last night, I watched the entire ‘debate’ between the Vice Presidential candidates of the 2 governing corporate parties, Sarah Palin and her Uncle Joe Biden. Here are a few highlights, in case you missed it:
1. Without anyone to challenge her, (think Katie Couric) Sarah Palin was able to ignore topics and nuance to give empty pre-planned talking points.
2. Both candidates used traditional political lingo to BS us. As examples: “create jobs” means increasing profits for the rich governing corporations; “support/fund our troops” means giving large amount of free money to war profiteers such as GE, Disney, Titan, Bechtel, Halliburton, et al.
3. The Republican’s public relations (using psychology to manipulate opinion) was more advanced and successful than that of the Democrats. From the onset, Palin tried to portray McCain as a candidate of change, who will fight against the status quo – even though he has spent the last 8 years as a loyal Bushie.
Palin continued to portray herself as an average American, who has been picked on for not being an elite by the media.
4. Both debaters agreed strongly that they are clearly against Gay Marriage, (yes, they used that term). Two hateful bigots trying to win the neo-Nazi vote, I guess.
5. Joe Biden’s performance last night was worse than the Cubs.
6. It is all too clear from this ‘show debate’ that America has no democracy.
Sarah Palin debate flow chart via Daily Kos.